Back to School Cool
Summer is quickly winding its way to a close and a fresh season is on the horizon. It’s always a bit exciting and nostalgic to see the first display of Elmer Glue and Ticonderoga Pencils, and we all know there’s nothing better than a brand new box of crayons.
We decided to make it a little bit easier to move from swimsuits into school season by putting together some must-have things for school from a group of local makers.
1. Yes, and yes. We believe this with all our hearts. This t-shirt from Purposefully Restored is the perfect way to start the school year off with confidence.
2. Who Dey! It's football season. What more do we need to say? This rad t-shirt from Queen City Revolt says it all.
3. Those Ticonderoga pencils will feel right at home in one of these dino pencil cases from Sara Sartarelli Tessuti.
4. While we're all still waiting for our Hogwarts letter we can spiff up our jackets and backpacks with this little bit of Harry Potter magic from Perler Tricks.
5. The little ones grow so much between the first day of school and the last. Keep track of how much with one of these growth charts from Little E Trends.
6. Sometimes it’s hard to find a fun treat to put in the lunch box, especially if there are food allergies present. Worry no more, because Grandola Granola has a delicious, gluten-free, nut free option that is perfect for snacking.
7. While we're talking about awesome snacks, lets mention Hen of the Woods chips. Gluten-free, preservative free, additive free, all natural, totally yummy. And they come in snack size.
8. Currently, our favorite offering from Rivertown Inkery is this amazing Fiona bag. We, along with the rest of the city, have completely fallen in love with Fiona the baby hippo and this tote says it all. You probably need one for yourself and one for a friend.
9. Forget boring notebooks. Pick up one of these Ohio moleskine journals from R.Ewers and you'll never get it mixed up with all the plain, boring ones.
10. These darling bookmarks from Lucca Workshop are great encouragement for the blossoming reader in your home. Pick up a few to use in those stacks of library books your kids are bringing home. You can never have too many books or too many bookmarks.
11. This precious little hedgehog hair pin is from The Lovely Teaspoon. A little bit of quirk and a whole lot of sweet.
Send your kids off to school right with one (or more!) of these cool pieces. I think I'll be adding that adorable hedgehog to shopping list.
Our next event is August 26, at Madtree Brewing in Oakley. Pop it into your planner so you don't miss out and come do some shopping in person!